MTh Ministry, Theology & Practice
with the Dr Williams's Trust and the University of Glasgow
The MTh degree in Ministry, Theology and Practice is a part-time Masters degree intended for pastoral professionals to develop and enhance their abilities, and help to open up new directions for faith and mission.
This is a unique programme, developed as part of a long standing collaboration between the Dr Williams's Trust, London and the University of Glasgow, in supporting the development of Christian ministry. The Trust dates back to the early eighteenth century. Dr Williams (1643-1716) was himself awarded an honorary doctorate of the University of Glasgow.
Applicants from qualifying denominations may be eligible for small-scale bursaries from the Dr Williams's Trust.
Why undertake this programme?
The courses delivered in this Masters degree will help you to develop skills and understanding in:
- equipping for congregational ministry
- culturally relevant hermeneutics for preaching
- creative approaches to ministry and Christian social responsibility
- theological inquiry
Achieving an MTh degree and developing these skills will not only enhance your practice, but can also help to open up new opportunities within your career.
Why study with the University of Glasgow?
- Glasgow has a leading reputation for the critical academic excellence and creativity of its Theology programmes - which have been taught at the University since its foundation in 1451
- courses are delivered by academics with a strong commitment to, and experience of training for Christian ministry
- the programme is taught on a part-time basis over 24 months, and can be undertaken in either Glasgow or in London